AWARE Coral Reef Conservation
1/2 day, No Minimum Age
Not a diver, but want to participate in Reef Conservation and Awareness? This is the course for you!
The PADI AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty is a 1 day course designed to introduce you to the role that coral reef ecosystems play in our planet’s seas.
You do not need to be able to dive to take part in this course.
What will I learn?
The AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course teaches divers, snorkelers and non-divers about the vital role of coral reefs in the marine environment.
The course also familiarizes participants with the current state of the world’s coral reefs and how they can help.
This non-diving course includes:
* An introduction to Project AWARE
* The importance of coral reefs to marine ecosystems and coastal areas
* Coral reef biology, association and competition
* The status of the world’s coral reefs
* How participants can help, including responsible diving and snorkeling practices
Where can I go from here?
You can use this course to complement your Peak-Performance-Buoyance, AWARE-Fish-ID, UW-Naturalist or Digital-UW-Photography Specialty courses.
In addition, the AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course counts as one of five Specialty course certifications required for the Master-Scuba-Diver certification.
Please visit our affiliated PADI 5 Star Dive Centre – SCUBAFISH for further information.
Who can participate?
* Age – No minimum age
* Diving Certification – Not required
* Interest in Coral Reef Conservation and the Aquatic World
How often do courses run?
Courses start every day at 10:00am. You can book now, or come in to see us while you’re here.
How much does it cost?
The price is 2,600 THB. This includes, transfers to and from your resort, all your training, lunch, tea, coffee and water during the course.